Friday, September 20, 2013

Pleated Picture Frame

Hello everyone!!  Donna here.   Welcome to the Bug Blog.  I am going to be sharing with you tutorials, layout ideas and lots of other good things. So first up,  I thought I would share with you a technique that I did on one of my layouts.  It is a pleated picture frame.  Here is a picture of a layout I did using this frame.  

The size of your frame will be based on the size of your picture.  Remember to add 2" onto the frame size both length and width when you have decided your picture size.  My picture on the layout is 4" wide x 6" long.  You will need to cut two pieces from a patterned paper 6" wide x 8" long. You will also need to cut a piece of cardstock 6" wide x 8" long. On the back of the patterned paper pieces, starting at the end mark 1/4" then mark 1/2" then mark 1/4", 1/2"  all the way to the end.  From the same paper cut two 1 1/2" wide x 8" long strips.

Now you will begin folding on each 1/4" and 1/2" marks on the patterned paper pieces all the way to the end.  Your pieces should look like this.  Use a bone folder to get very sharp folds.

Adhere the two folded pieces together by overlapping them at one end.  You can now adhere the pleated piece to the cardstock piece by adjusting the pleats so that it fits perfectly.  To hold the pleats in place you can staple them at the sides or use a very tacky glue.  Now add the 1 1/2" strips to the frame by folding them in half and wrapping around the edges. You will definitely need to use a very tacky glue to hold the strips down.  Place a heavy book on top, if you wish, until your glue dries. You have completed your frame.   

I thought the frame looked like a shutter so to complete my layout I stenciled a brick wall stencil onto my layout.  I also added some lace to the top of the frame with some pearls across the top.  My picture was placed in the centre of the frame.  I die cut some vines and added some flowers.  I also added some chipboard decorative pieces.   Here is a closeup of the frame on my layout.

I hope you enjoy.   Please keep checking our blog.  There are many more ideas coming your way.  Until next time HAPPY SCRAPPING!!!!!

No comments: