Monday, February 10, 2014

"Pretty In Pink"

I thought I would share a layout with you that I did recently.  I used the Basic Grey "True Love" papers which worked perfectly with my picture.  To get the effect I like I used 4 papers for my background.

  To start with I selected a darker pink for the main background paper.  I then chose a lighter pink paper, cut it down to an 11" square, distressed the edges and inked them and centered it onto the main paper. I then cut a cream coloured cardstock paper down to a 10 1/2" square, inked the edges,  and added that to the centre of the light pink.  My next paper was the flowered one that I cut down to a 10" square, distressed the edges and inked them, and leaving the upper left and bottom right corners unglued, 
 I centred it onto the cream cardstock. I then rolled the corners over and added a strip of lace just under them along with some pearls on the rolled section.  
To the centre of the flowered paper I adhered an 8" paper doilie. 
 Here is a close-up shot of the embellishments I added to the left side of the layout.  I layered die cut hearts and flowers above the main pink flower which I made from left over paper.  The white hearts are chipboard from Heidi Swapp.  Behind the main pink flower I added some green leaves to pull in the colour of the green vine at the top of the page, along with white fibre that I found in a craft store in the knitting department.  Behind the picture I decided to add a light pink and darker pink piece of paper by slanting them outwards from the picture.

Below the picture I added some pink silk ribbon which I ruffled by sewing a long running stitch down the centre of a long strip of ribbon.  I gathered it up by pulling the end of the thread until it was the length I needed.    I also punched a strip of cream cardstock  with a row of white pearls at the top to go behind the ribbon for an extra accent.  
A green silk vine across the top of the layout and a large flower and heart at the upper right corner completes the layout. .  Below is a close-up of the bottom right corner and the ruffled ribbon.

I hope you enjoy.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY
AND
HAPPY SCRAPPING!!!!!

2 comments:

Cpi said...

I'm reading your post on "Now available in store and online!! Tons of great products!" & it is amazing information for me. Thanks.

Clipping Path Service said...

Really amazing photography collection! The photography of nature seems to be really exciting. I appreciate the colour play of the photography as well.