Saturday, August 30, 2014

Mixed Media Layout

Since I have been doing a lot of mixed media layouts and canvases, I thought I would share a layout that I did with some basic mixed media techniques.


 For this layout I took a piece of paper that had a very basic pattern running through it.  This was the background.  I then took another piece of paper, again with a very soft design on it, tore it down the right side of it and adhered it to the background piece.  Using watered down gesso and a paint brush, I lightly painted over the papers to blend them together.  Dry the gesso completely.
Using a vine stencil, on the upper right side and bottom right corner, I applied green ink onto the stencil.
I then applied moulding paste on the left side corners and bottom right corner using a honeycomb stencil.  I also used a stencil with flourishes on it on the outside edges.   Love my stencils.  I heat set the moulding paste.  I then took some turquoise spray and sprayed randomly all over the papers.   I came back with a green spray mostly along the edges and corners.  Then splattered a pink spray here and there.

When everything was completely dry I randomly applied a stamp with black stazon ink.  You should always use a staz-on type of ink when doing mixed media.  This will guarantee that it will not rub off or blend.
Behind the picture I cut and applied two papers making sure that they were cut so that you could see them coming out from behind the picture.  I next adhered my picture to chipboard and put it down using pop dots.  I like to do this as it sets the picture off of the layout and gives it a 3-D look.

Cheese cloth is another one of my fav things to use.  I loosely adhered a piece onto the layout.  Placed some flowers onto the cheese cloth.  The little wood frames I added a piece of music paper in behind.  Little things like the frames gives the layout some extra "oomph".  Inked and added the butterfly and there you have it.
I hope you enjoy.
Until next time to all you
HAPPY SCRAPPERS
Have a great day!!!
"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters,
compared to what lies within us."   Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: