Thursday, January 01, 2015

Mixed Media Canvas Board

Hello everyone,  I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you a very happy New Year.
Today I thought I would share with you a mixed media project on a canvas board.  Canvas boards are great.  They are much thinner than a regular canvas and can be framed.

Again, I did a lot of texture on the background using netting, drywall tape, and a lot of moulding paste with several different stencils.  Below is a closeup of a couple sections on the canvas.



When the media items were completely dry I sprayed the entire surface with a gold spray, let this dry, then sprayed with a turquoise spray here and there, and finally with a darker blue spray in the corners and the side edges.  I did a bit of stamping here and there with black staz-on ink - just around where the flowers are.   I also added a bit of light pink paint (watered down) with a paint brush in and around the flowers. The picture in the frame was a last minute choice.  I had several of these in my stash and since it fit perfectly behind the frame, I decided to use it.  I dry brushed white gesso on most of the flowers, added some wood leaves painted with a texture paste and tucked in some metal pieces.  A few pearls here and there and there you have it.  Here is a close-up of a section of the flowers.


I hope you enjoy!
Until next time,
"Some people make the world more special just by being in it."

No comments: