Friday, November 06, 2015

Quick and Easy Layout

Hello everyone!!!  Today I thought I would share with you a very simple layout using some scrap papers and embellishments from my stash.  I first off selected the papers, and the flowers that matched the papers and the picture.


Below is a picture of the start of the layout.  I first decided to use my Shimmerz textured paste on the background paper to give a cloud effect.  You can see it coming out from the edges of the paper collage.  When this was dry I proceeded with the paper collage.  I love the paper collages which is a good way to use up a lot of your scraps.   I first placed my picture down without adhering, then built the collage around and under the picture.  I distressed each piece and inked the edges.  Using a couple of circle stamps, I stamped as shown using a grey ink.  You could use black as well.

I then proceeded with the rest of the layout.  I die cut a heritage clock and placed it under the picture.  Along the left side I used a decorative chipboard piece which I painted with white gesso first then heat embossed it with a white embossing powder.  I added a bit of turquoise spray onto the surface of the chipboard and inked the edges with the same brown as the papers.  In the centre of the chipboard piece I adhered a resin fairy.  Next I took a piece of cheesecloth and laid it down at the bottom left corner of the paper collage.  I adhered my main turquoise flower in the centre of the cheesecloth making sure that the cheesecloth came out around the flower.  The smaller flowers were next.  At the bottom right corner I adhered a couple of strips of paper, added a resin frame, and some flowers.  A few sparkly gems were added.  And there you have it.  It only took about one half hour.  Below is a close up of the flower section.

I hope you enjoy.  
Until next time, this is Donna wishing you a safe and happy day.
"The art of life is to know how to enjoy little and endure much."
"HAPPY SCRAPPING"



No comments: