Tuesday, July 05, 2016

"Beauty" Layout

Hello Everyone!!!!!!  Today I am sharing a layout I did a short time ago.
To start off with, I did some stenciling on the background paper using modeling paste.  I then cut a strip of matching paper about 5" wide and tore along the top edge for texture and across the bottom edge on a diagonal curving up to the right side edge.   I adhered this to the background paper across the centre.   I then cut another piece from another matching paper about 3" wide and adhered this across the centre of the first strip.  I added a strip of lace across the top and bottom edges of this piece.  I also tucked white embroidered flowers from Prima under the top edges of the first centre piece.  And the rest is my embellishments.

I then added my picture, first making a collage of papers to go behind it, and popping it off the collage.  I used soft coloured flowers in pink and purple, added hexagon shaped chipboard pieces at the sides of the picture, a few small green painted chipboard vines and a resin heart shaped frame on the left of the picture.  I tucked an embroidered flower under the bottom left section of the frame. Below is a closeup of the left side of the layout and below that is the right side of the layout.  I painted the chipboard title with white gesso first then sprayed it with a light purple spray then accented the outer edges with white gesso.  And last but not least, I added some tiny micros beads in and around the flowers and onto the flowers as well as white pearls in the centres of the hexagon shapes of the chipboard.



I do hope you enjoyed this layout.  Until next time, this is Donna with another inspirational quote:
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                                                          O.W. Holmes
HAPPY SCRAPPING

No comments: