Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Two Layouts for Boys

Hello everyone!!!!!  Today I am sharing two layouts that I completed which were done with the male theme in mind.  I have 5 grandsons and I am currently updating and catching up on the third one.
Here is the first layout.

The background paper is from my very old stash.  And the rest of the paper is Amy Tangerine "Plus One" which I find to be a very versatile paper.  I mounted my picture first onto the patterned paper, laid it down onto the background paper (without adhering) and then cut my papers as shown.  I always lay all my papers down first without adhering any of them and play around with them until I get the look that I want.  I painted a piece of chipboard with distress paint and added it to the left of the picture.  Added some mixed tags that I had in my tag bin and my title.  There you have it, very simple but colourful.
This is the second layout.

For this layout I took a piece of paper with the popular wood design on it and cut it into strips.  I staggered the length on some of the strips then I roughed up the edges using a distressing tool and inked them with a brown ink.  I adhered the strips to the background paper as shown.
For my papers behind the picture I used some very old scraps in my scrap bin.  I decided to use the red paper behind the picture to give it some pop.  I am usually nervous about doing that, but I went for it anyway and I rather like it.  I smudged on some white modeling paste onto the paper around the picture to give it a bit of texture.  I added some twine across the paper collage, a few metal embellishments. ephemera tags at the right side,  and my title.  And there you have it, very simple.
Until next time,
this is Donna wishing you a very
"scrap happy week"
"A boy is a magical creature - you can lock him out of your workshop,
 but you can't lock him out of your heart."

No comments: