Saturday, January 28, 2017

"Cherished" Layout

Good Day everyone!!!!\
My New Year's resolution is to get my albums updated and caught up.  I have 9 grandchildren (updated 4 of them) and must continue on with the rest.  So today I am going to share with you a layout that I did for grandchild #5, who is now 9 years old.  Unfortunately, I keep finding more adorable pictures that I cannot resist adding to the albums.
For this layout I did some very basic background mixed media techniques to accent the background paper I selected.
Here is the completed layout.


To start with, using a spouncer, I applied white gesso in the area that the picture is and coming out to the outside edges.  I then applied white gesso with a spatula and a decorative stencil, again around the area where my picture will be placed.


Next, I sprayed the above gesso'd area with a light pink spray and then here and there with a darker pink spray.  I adhered my picture to a piece of thick chipboard then adhered it to the page just at the centre.  The chipboard raised the picture up so I can tuck things under the edge.



I placed two doilies under the picture at the upper left corner and bottom right corner.  After this I cut out some flower sections from another piece of patterned paper and added these to the left and right side of the picture, slightly tucking them under the edge.
From the same paper that I cut out the flower sections, I cut 6 strips, different widths and lengths and adhered them down so that they look like they are coming out from the bottom edge of the fussy cut flower section on the left of the picture.  I spounced white gesso onto these pieces to help blend them in and then added the same sprays that I did on the background paper.
I added a strip of lace at the bottom of the picture then the rest of the embellishments.
I embossed the Cherish title with white powder and then added some pink mica powder for accent.
At the very end I added my favourite micro beads here and there around the picture and flowers and lightly brushed on white gesso onto the flowers, just on the tips.  A closeup below.


And there you have it.  I have to keep going, so I will be showing you some more layouts soon.
Have a great day and remember
"Happiness" is
Three grand essentials - something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.
"Happy scrapping"

No comments: