Friday, April 07, 2017

"A Garden" Wall Hanging

Hello everyone!!!!  Today I want to share with you a spring filled wall hanging that I created.  I used lots of flowers and my favourite colours of blue and pink.  


I found these wood shadow boxes in various sizes at my local craft store.  They were unpainted so I decided to paint the outside of the boxes in a cream kraft paint.  A couple of coats did the trick.  For the inside of the boxes I chose a turquoise kraft paint that matched the turquoise colour in the papers I selected.  The paper I used was from the "Secret Garden" Graphic 45 collection.  I cut pieces of paper to fit in the inside of each box.  From another piece of paper in the collection, I cut out the girl sitting in the garden and cut out the fence as well.  I added this to the centre larger box using pop dots.  I added some paper flowers from my stash along with a butterfly.  The flower vines you see were added at the very end.


For the left side box, I cut out a rectangle tag from one of the papers and adhered this with pop dots at the left side of the paper underneath.  I cut out another flower piece from another paper and adhered this with pop dots.  Added a resin frame with a resin fairy at the top and flowers.  I decorated the outside upper left corner as shown.  I added some green silk leaves that I have had for some time.


For the right side box I adhered a large resin decorative oval to the centre and then placed cheese cloth with various flowers on top.  Again I decorated the upper right outside corner as shown.


I then glued all the boxes together using matte gel medium which is a very strong glue.   A very strong adhesive is needed to hold the boxes firmly together.  I then added my vines around the outside edges of the centre box and added some more of the green silk leaves and pink flowers.  This is optional - I placed white dots around the outer edges of the boxes using dimensional pearls.
And there you have it.  It is very simple to do - just use what you have.
Until next time, this is Donna wishing you a fun-filled, safe weekend.
Remember
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals."
"HAPPY CRAFTING"

No comments: