Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Wood Wall Plaques

Hello everyone!!!
I am back with another easy project that I did for my two younger granddaughters.  I am sorry for the long time in between postings.  I had to have surgery a few weeks ago and I am now able to get back into my craft room and start creating.
Do you ever feel that you lose some of your creative juices and you just can't get your mojo going.  Well I have been that way many, many times.  So I decided to sit down and start playing.  I had these two wood plaques for a very long time - so I decided to finish them and make a plaque that my granddaughters can hang on their bedroom door or set on their dresser.  I found the large letters at my local craft store for about 50 cents each.  They were a bit chunky but once I got them onto the plaque, they seemed to fit nicely.


I started by painting the plaques with heavy white gesso to give them a good protective finish.  I then stencilled using texture paste.  When this was dry I sprayed with 3 colours of sprays.  They both like different colours so I co-ordinated my colours to match their rooms.  Below is the turquoise one.  They like bright colours so I decided to go with the brighter colours as well.



I then painted out wooden frames which I set on top of a doilie at the left side.  Then I added my letters.  And finally I put flowers and leaves in and around the wood letter and the wood frames.  I topped off the letters with glass beads to give a little more sparkle.
Keep in touch.  I will be going like gangbusters to get more projects done.
Until the next time, this is Donna wishing you a safe and creative week.
"HAPPY SCRAPPING"
"Find the good in all you can,
and never be a quitter.
If you find a problem,
find a way to make things better."

No comments: